[wdmmg-discuss] Questions about the Blue Book

Alistair Turnbull apt1002 at goose.minworks.co.uk
Tue Mar 9 21:45:59 UTC 2010

On Mar 9, 2010 3:32 PM, "Lisa Evans" <lisa.evans at okfn.org> wrote:

> Are there any questions you would like me to ask them?

Perhaps you should ask for advice. Explain what we're trying to do
(guesstimate a person's share of the tax and spending based on as few
questions as possible). List the areas we'd like to cover. Explain what
we'd like ideally: For each age, sex, region, what does a "typical" person
pay/receive under each method of taxation or area of spending? Ask for
advice on choosing further proxies, e.g. do they own a car, do they smoke,
do they drink, council tax band (I'm making these up!). Basically, try to
persuade them to do some of our thinking for us, not because we're lazy
but because they have the necessary expertise. Then, obviously, ask them
where we might get the supporting data.

 	Alistair