[wdmmg-discuss] Dejargonizing spending area (COFOG) names

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Sat May 8 20:19:31 UTC 2010

Dear David (and all others interested in helping out!),

We want to "dejargonize" spending area names (COFOG). I have now
created google doc here:

<http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Ah8UkI7xG7eWdFFTSjlkeFRoOEFLbC1PTjRRcWphOFE>

This lists all categories (188 in total but only 10 top level items
and around 40 second level) and includes code, description and
explanatory note.

**I have added a new column "dejargonized description" which we need
to fill in.** (I have added a counter so we can see how far we've got

I note that we are really only interested (at this stage) in
dejargonizing level 1 and 2 of COFOG (i.e. items with codes like 01 or
01.1) and not level 3 (e.g. codes like 01.1.1)

Regards,

Rufus