[wdmmg-discuss] Remaining dashboard work (fwd)

Alistair Turnbull apt1002 at goose.minworks.co.uk
Tue May 18 12:55:12 UTC 2010

Copying Dave's reply, edited, to list.

 	Alistair

---------- Forwarded message ----------

> - How much of #176 is done? [snip]

[I've moved item 5 to a new ticket #383; everything else is fixed or won't
fix. -- Alistair]

> - #179 says that when I hover over e.g. a COFOG category in the
> dashboard, the pop-up should show me the detailed description [snip]

> - "Info box" feature: [snip]

I'll try to rework some of this.

> - #328 is about deep linking into the store. In an info box, if I click
> on the "Link to data store", nothing seems to happen. It turns out that
> my browser is blocking a pop-up window. Is there anything you can do
> about that? E.g. can we make it open in the same window, replacing the
> dashboard?

Which browser is this? Both Safari and Firefox have pop-ups blocked, and
both will still open the page.

[It's Chromium. --Alistair]

>From where the user is in the interface, I think it's too disruptive to
lose the dashboard and replace it. Particularly given the fact that
there's not really anything in the store for the user to do anything with.
Almost everyone who clicks on the link will immediately want to come
straight back.

> - Rufus tells me you've put some effort into reporting performance
> problems with the store. What's the ticket number? (I can't find it).

[It's ticket #381. Was filed under wrong component, now corrected.
--Alistair]

[snip]

Well, now a bunch of stuff has broken since someone has decided that
making a last minute change to the COFOG classification names without
coordinating with everyone was a really brilliant idea.

[That was me, sorry. Dave is working on getting it. --Alistair].