[wdmmg-discuss] Detailed spending data for London

Alistair Turnbull apt1002 at goose.minworks.co.uk
Wed May 19 14:42:57 UTC 2010

Great stuff, Donny.

A couple of observations:

1. There are at least two different index pages for this data set:

 	http://legacy.london.gov.uk/gla/expenditure/index.jsp
 	http://www.london.gov.uk/who-runs-london/greater-london-authority/expenditure-over-1000

You've used the second one, which appears to have an extra four months'
data. That's probably correct, but it might be worth establishing which
one is the index that's going to receive best long-term support.

2. Especially for the months without a "Date" column, it would be useful
to record at least the month in which the spending happened. There seems
to be no good automatic way of doing this. Looks like a manual job. :-(

 	Alistair