[wdmmg-discuss] 25k spending live on data.wheredoesmymoneygo.org

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Fri Nov 19 01:47:28 UTC 2010

The UK government has just released spending from departments over 25k
and thanks to sterling work by Anna Powell-Smith its all loaded on the
data store:

<http://data.wheredoesmymoneygo.org/search?q=&dataset=departments&facet_1=from>

Notice something interesting? Please leave a comment on the page or
just hit the "like" button in the comments -- we're 'abusing' it to
mean interesting -- or just ping an email to the list. (We'll be
aggregating recent comments on the front page ...)

Notice an issue (there's been some hectic last minute coding!) ping
this list or wdmmg at okfn.org.

Regards,

Rufus

[1]: A starter for 10: here's spending with Capita:

<http://data.wheredoesmymoneygo.org/search?q=capita&search=Search+Spending&dataset=*&facet_1=from>

We think all spending before May is a mistake and reflects occasional
'american' style data coding (06/01/2010 rather than 01/06/2010) in
the csv files (and then there's the occasional lapse into epoch style
dates e.g. 43061 in the csvs ...)