[wdmmg-discuss] feature request for data.wdmmg

Alistair Turnbull apt1002 at goose.minworks.co.uk
Thu Nov 25 15:46:11 UTC 2010

I second Ext.js. We used it for a similar UI feature at BNYM. I didn't
write that part myself, but the UI supports adding and removing columns,
and sorting by any column, and also pagination.

When you change the sort order or the page number, it makes a new request
to the server. This means you have to implement an API on the server that
understands sort order and page number. You're already half-way there...

I haven't seen it do the filtering thing. However, we generally did not
find it hard to make Ext do things that it can't do out of the box. Ext is
well documented and on the whole well built. Taking the source code for
one of their components and rewriting it to do something slightly
different proved to be feasible.

I have not tried Ext's competitors.

 	Alistair