[wdmmg-discuss] Alternative to Many Eyes data visualising tool (?) ... that's embeddable

K Corrick kathryn.corrick at googlemail.com
Sun Nov 28 21:27:03 UTC 2010

I've just stumbled across http://www.tableausoftware.com it looks pretty
cool and has an API, but the best of my searching can't figure out if it's
open source or not (usually I figure that if I can't find this out quickly
it's probably not, but wiser folk here might know better).

What's nice is that the data used for the visualisations is live, rather
than static, and that it's easy to embed.

Just wondering if anyone has used it and knows a bit more.

Personally I think it's worth a look, just to see what's happening in this
area and how it's developing. It's being used by the New York Times for
example.

Thoughts?

Kathryn