[wdmmg-discuss] WDMMG videos?

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Tue Oct 26 18:47:51 UTC 2010

The new site looks amazing!

One thing that I've been meaning to suggest is the possibility of
doing some short videos demonstrating how WDMMG works with a variety
of different 'stories' (e.g. using tools to answer different
questions). If users watch a few of the videos they will soon
understand how to use different parts of WDMMG.

Generally I think one has a very limited time to show users what a
tool/service can do, and this could be a way to help turn more casual
passers-by into longer term users (e.g. who will hopefully return to
ask questions, rather than thinking 'this looks interesting',
bookmarking the site and never coming back).

Obviously a big influence here is (OKF Advisory Board member!) Hans Rosling:

http://www.gapminder.org/videos/

What do folks think?

--
Jonathan Gray