[wdmmg-discuss] Using the Audit Commission Act 1998: Investigating local government accounts

Lisa Evans lisa.evans at okfn.org
Fri Sep 3 08:09:45 UTC 2010

This act means the public have the right to inspect council accounts for a
few weeks of the year both before and after the accounts have been
audited.

We have used this right in combination with freedom of information to
obtain the accounts for Cambridge City Council as Richard Taylor has
written up here:

http://www.rtaylor.co.uk/cambridge-city-council-accounts-0910.html

Lisa