[wdmmg-discuss] Sunburst visualization of WDMMG data using javascript protovis

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Thu Sep 16 10:26:09 UTC 2010

Finding a bit more spare time on recent weekends the 'sunburst'
visualization has been substantially enhanced:

<http://www.wheredoesmymoneygo.org/wdmmg-js/src/sunburst.html>

  * A completely new visualization (default) using nodelink which
gives quite a beautiful 'solar-system' style appearance
  * Ability to switch between visualizations
  * A functional time slider

It also looks like we can IE support (IE7 and IE8) using google's
svgweb js plugin [1] and IE9 natively supports SVG!

This is all being done with pure javascript (using jquery, jqueryui
and protovis).

Please take a look and let me know what you think (and if you run into issues!)

Regards,

Rufus

[1]: http://code.google.com/p/protovis-js/issues/detail?id=15

--