[wdmmg-discuss] Public Sector Procurement Expenditure Survey

Lisa Evans lisa.evans at okfn.org
Thu Sep 23 11:09:23 UTC 2010

Good find Anna.

I agree it is a serious challenge to fit local spending into COFOG
categories.

I've been trying to identify the categorisation system you are referring
to from the documents on the Office of Government Commerce (OGC) website.

I've got one system that is:

Clinical Support Services
Environmental Services
Financial Services
Interpretation & Translation Services
Learning & Development Services
Legal Services
Operational Services
Technical Services
Uncategorised

But there is also a categorisation of:

Social Care
Construction
Professional Services Other
Facilities
ICT
Defence
Professional Services Consultancy
Personnel Related
Professional Services Temporary Staff
Travel
Vehicles
Waste Management
Energy and Utilities
Marketing and Media
Office Solutions
Engineering Goods
Logistics
Operational Goods
Clinical and Medical
Fuels Lubricants and Gases

Which one do you think is best, or is there another system I've over
looked? Also it isn't clear if there is a second level of breakdown to
these systems.

Lisa