[wdmmg-discuss] DCLG publishes first-quarter spending over £500

Anna Powell-Smith annapowellsmith at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 30 17:28:11 UTC 2010

DCLG has just published spending over £500 from 2008 and from the first
quarter of 2010-2011, updating the 2009-10 data it published in August.

http://www.communities.gov.uk/publications/corporate/spendingdata1011
http://blogs.ft.com/westminster/2010/09/thrifty-eric-sends-a-chill-through-whitehall/

The latest data doesn't use the PSESP categories, unlike the 2009-10 data -
just around 50 flat categories. So if we were going to visualize it, we'd
have to create higher-level categories ourselves.

I'd really like to know how other departments will categorise their
spending. The DCLG page says that from October the data will be published
live on data.gov.uk "in a format prescribed by HMT".