[wdmmg-discuss] Introduction

Lucy Chambers lucy.chambers at okfn.org
Mon Apr 4 09:21:20 UTC 2011

Dear Stefan,

Thank you for your very impressive bio and welcome to the Where Does My
Money Go? discuss list!

I am one of the Community Coordinators for the project, so feel free to get
in contact if you have any questions at all, or need help moving your
project forward. If I can't answer them myself, I should be able to point
you in the direction of the person who can ))

We're really looking forward to having you on board, and will look forward
to hearing your ideas!

Best wishes,

Lucy

On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 3:37 PM, Stefan <stefan at publiekezaak.nl> wrote:

>   The organization of* Where does my money* go asked me to introduce
> myself. My name is Stefan Panhuijsen and I work for a Dutch NGO called The
> Public Cause. The Public Cause (De Publieke Zaak) as a social innovator,
> wants to work towards a more human, more vital, more effective and more open
> society by inspiring and stimulating all players in society to provide an
> innovative contribution to a new society. We accomplish this mission by
> working on two fields: vitalizing the (civil) society and reforming the
> (culture and organization of) political and bureaucratic system.
>

> Our latest idea is to create *The Fact Club*. We feel that the public
> debate in The Netherlands is based too much on emotion in stead of facts and
> therefore we’ll create The Fact Club. This will be an online platform where
> everyone can find facts about important issues such as immigration, taxes,
> housing, crime etc. We’ll get the data mostly from Statistics Netherlands
> and transform the data in *fact reports*. These fact reports should be
> innovative, interactive visualizations (like WDMMG). We’ve already found a
> media partner to organize debates based on the fact reports, but we’re still
> looking for a technical partner to actually create these fact reports.
>

> I hope to learn from WDMMG, because it comes close to what we want with The
> Fact Club. If you’ve any questions please do not hesitate to contact me!
>

> *Stefan Panhuijsen**| *De Nationale Dialoog
>

> De Publieke Zaak (publiekezaak.nl)
>
> Thomas R. Malthusstraat 5 | P.O. Box 90351 | 1006 BJ | Amsterdam |
> T: +31 (0)88 792 87 12 | M: +31 (6) 46 21 27 73 | F: +31 (0)20 568 41 80 |
>
> E: stefan at publiekezaak.nl | twitter: @spanhuijsen

Lucy Chambers

Community Coordinator
Open Knowledge Foundation