[wdmmg-discuss] NEW DATA Sample for Spending data in Argentina with Detailed labels in level 3

Brom, Ricardo (Gerente de Tecnologia y Seguridad Informatica) rbrom at lanacion.com.ar
Thu Apr 7 23:36:02 UTC 2011

Now yes, with the attached file !!

De: Brom, Ricardo (Gerente de Tecnologia y Seguridad Informatica)
Enviado el: jueves, 07 de abril de 2011 08:35 p.m.
Para: Peralta Ramos Momi (Gerente de Desarrollo Multimedia); Lucy Chambers
CC: Friedrich Lindenberg; wdmmg-discuss at lists.okfn.org; Rufus Pollock
Asunto: RE: [wdmmg-discuss] NEW DATA Sample for Spending data in Argentina with Detailed labels in level 3

Hi Frederik,
thanks a lot everyone for this afternoon conference.

To set adecuate expectatives about my knowledge in this topic for tomorrow meeting, I´ve done several scrapping operations, but based on Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) running on an Excel worksheet, what has the advantage of writing directly in a Sheet with the columns design and data that journalists expected.
One of this projects was an application that automatic opened 180 Excel files (previously converted from PDF) that contained "suspicious" compensations to bus transportation companies.

I´m not a Python programmer, I'm doing my first code lines experience because we see that Phython is everywere..
And being honest, I saw this WDMMG documents with de OpenSpending Architecture and the CSV model about two hours before the meeting, so I was not able to follow you while you were showing the Google Docs sheet.

As an attachment you will find an Excel sheet similar to the one Angelica sent you, but this one is the full version with additional information.
You can find in different sheets with information than could help you to understand better what it reflects.

* ADAPTED Sheet - is a copy of the one original (named ORIGINAL) but with the headers translated to english to help the understanding of the data contained.
* Structure Sheet - shows in three columns how the Jurisdictio, Function and Pourpose are related each other.
* Descriptors Sheet - shows how information could be arranged (with translation for help). Pourpouse could be associated to WHY, Function to WHAT, and Jurisdiction to WHO.
         Function_ID is 2 digits (the original is only one), because it includes de Pourpose_ID (??)
* Program Details - In this we can see that the same Program ID could have different menings. If not different in the sense, different ministries.
* ORIGINAL - Is the original document.

I tried to map this with the "mongo entities", "mongo-classifiers" or "mongo fields" described in the Google Docs references but I couldn't find how.
I hope this will help to get results in our tomorrow meeting.

All the Best, and many thanks again !!!
Ricardo