[OpenSpending-discuss] How Spending Stories Spots Errors in Spending Data

Alex (Maxious) Sadleir maxious at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 10:01:26 UTC 2011

Something I have been considering in preparing Australian data for
OpenSpending is that it would be very interesting to have a software
package to rate spending items like an email spam filter detects spam.
The most interesting spending items to a human are often the ones with
the most things "wrong" with them on a data level - edited to increase
the value by double, recorded in a database after the money was spent,
a government agency or supplier dealing in large sums all of a sudden.