[OpenSpending-discuss] Help in building criteria for evaluating open DATA sites

Lucy Chambers lucy.chambers at okfn.org
Wed Dec 7 18:22:09 UTC 2011

Hi Angelica,

On Tue, Dec 6, 2011 at 12:02 AM, Peralta Ramos Momi (Gerente de Desarrollo
Multimedia) <APERALTA at lanacion.com.ar> wrote:

> Hi Rufus: the hackaton was great!
>
> We managed to work on the National official bulletin dataset as a start in
> PDF and text. Then another groups hacked ir to build a model to extract
> lots of data about entities like persons or companies, as well as contracts.
>
> We built a rating matrix with five principles to evaluate the state of 24
> "State Official Bulletins" in a google spreadsheet, and then we rated them
> and made directory , a semaphore and a Fusion Tables map.
> The criteria were: level of updated content, internal search engine,
> archive, level of accessible format and level of openness and free of
> registration-
>
> Take a look:
>
> http://boletinesar.blogspot.com/
>
> Besides, we would love to help the openspending project but as we have no
> python programmers we never got the visualization of the dataset we sent.

Great work, I also saw your post on the NICAR list.

> Ricardo Brom is ready to contact again Lucy and we are cleaning and
> normalizing data to obtain the updates of argentine budget data, the 2011
> running budget and as soon as congress approves 2012 budget we´ll get that
> too
> ;)

We are currently working on a model editor - to vastly simplify the
process. I'm going to give it a couple of test runs and then we'll be good
to go!

Looking forward to getting this in )

Lucy

Lucy Chambers