[wdmmg-discuss] Infer Dataset Size

Friedrich Lindenberg friedrich.lindenberg at okfn.org
Tue Feb 22 13:19:46 UTC 2011

Hi,

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 12:52 PM, Stefan Wehrmeyer
<stefanwehrmeyer at gmail.com> wrote:
> I understand that it is not straight-forward to determine the size of the dataset from the spending entries – or is it?
> I'm looking for something like total budget amount for a dataset, but that might not be the sum of the (non-aggregated) entries.

to do this, we'd need the following:

- extend the loader with a "sum filter" argument, containing a filter
that needs to be applied before adding up entries in a dataset (e.g.
to filter out projected spending, revenue etc.)
- apply conversion to convert all datasets into a common currency,
e.g. USD (is that still the currency of choice?)
- Sum up (can be done using aggregator) and cache result (same).

Any other requirements?

 - Friedrich

p.s. Related ticket is http://trac.openspending.org/ticket/5