[wdmmg-discuss] How much does the UK government pay OKFN?

Martin Keegan martin.keegan at okfn.org
Sat Jul 9 15:07:38 UTC 2011

On Sat, Jul 09, 2011 at 04:38:37PM +0200, William Waites wrote:
> http://openspending.org/dataset/ukdepartments/entries?filter-to.label_facet=OPEN+KNOWLEDGE+FOUNDATION+LIMITED
>
> About 70k. Given the amount of work OKF has done on data.gov.uk and
> the UK location programme this number seems very surprisingly low.

Well, once OKFN publishes its own accounts in enough detail, the
public will be able to compare the figures. It'd make for a good
example.

>From my own investigations of the UK government spending data, it seems
to have a lot of inaccuracies. We need better documentation of where
these inaccuracies are believed to have come from.

> If the data is incomplete or inaccurate, why bother publishing it at
> all? In that case it is just misleading.

?!

Publishing inaccurate data increases the pressure for increased accuracy
in the future.

We ceratinly need better caveats on the websites; we put some up,
obviously we didn't do a good enough job.

Mk