[wdmmg-discuss] Whole of Government Accounts

Lisa Evans lisa.evans at okfn.org
Wed Jul 13 21:33:19 UTC 2011

Hi Johnathan, I tried to post a comment on this post but it isn't showing
up on the blog.

The comment was:

I agree that there are certainly flaws in the WGA, and I agree that just
one method for gathering data on local authority financing is too
limiting.  But I wonder what are the better alternatives for calculating
the macro economic measures like those published today. Do you think the
National Accounts published by the ONS are a better alternative?

In terms of what to do with the data, I think that more interesting things
will be published in Autumn, when the actual WGA report is published - not
the unauided accounts like today.

It is worth seeing if the supporting data will be published then - that is
all public body accounts used in WGA, in digitial form.

Lisa