[wdmmg-discuss] Open Misinformation and the Illusion of Transparency

William Waites ww at styx.org
Thu Jul 21 14:22:05 UTC 2011

* [2011-07-20 01:11:42 +0100] Jonathan Gray <jonathan.gray at okfn.org> écrit:

> I think that generally when we receive some data in OpenSpending.org -
> we could start to blog more about, e.g.:
>
>   * our impressions of the data,
>   * questions about the data,
>   * analysis of the data quality,
>   * comments on the data,
>   * suggestions for how the data could be improved,
>   * requests for further information about the data.

Have received from Jason Kitkat the OKF side of the accounts,

    http://lists.okfn.org/pipermail/okfn-discuss/2011-July/007890.html

not only is 181955 GBP [1] missing but what the Cabinet Office *has*
reported doesn't match anything in OKF's books.

I don't know where their information comes from, perhaps a random number
generator, but as far as I can tell from the limited analysis that is
possible, and trusting OKF's numbers since they actually have a legal
requirement to keep books, what the CO has provided is complete rubbish.

Sorry to be harsh, but I don't see the point of this fiscal transparency
exercise if even the ones responsible for the policy aren't going to
do it right.

-w

[1] This number is the sum of all payments over 25k less the 70600 that
was reported.

--
William Waites                <mailto:ww at styx.org>
http://river.styx.org/ww/        <sip:ww at styx.org>