[wdmmg-discuss] Future plans for OpenSpending

Martin Keegan martin at kulella.com
Tue Jun 7 12:37:31 UTC 2011

Hello,

There'll be a face-to-face discussion of OpenSpending's future direction at
OKCon in Berlin at the end of the month; it would be great if people who're
interested could discuss what they'd like to see, on this mailing list
leading up to then.

Lucy and I will try to keep a summary of these discussions at:
http://wiki.openspending.org/Future_plans (linked from the front page of the
wiki), though obviously anyone's welcome to edit that directly.

What I'd like to hear views on is

1) where we think OpenSpending can best contribute to spending transparency,
given what other projects are doing
2) what should be out of scope; what we should NOT be doing
3) the technological architecture / implementation of the software

and doubtless people will have many other matters they need to discuss.

Mk