[wdmmg-discuss] OpenSpending Coverage & Twitter account

Lucy Chambers lucy.chambers at okfn.org
Fri Jun 10 11:46:10 UTC 2011

Many of you are aware of the Where Does My Money Go? (@wdmmg)
Twitterfeed, but OpenSpending now has its own feed (@openspending).

Over the last week there has been some interest from data journalists
looking at using the platform for training purposes (details below).
We would be very interested to hear more about how people intend to
use OpenSpending - so do get in touch! We will also be posting updates
there, so keep your eyes peeled...

Below I have also listed some recent press coverage of Where Does My
Money Go? and OpenSpending. If you spot any coverage that has escaped
our radar, I would be very grateful if you could send us the link.

All the very best,

Lucy

'''DataMinerUK''' @openspending an idea of a news web app using
government spend #data http://wp.me/pYcqV-cn? Cud use to train the
likes of @annadoble

'''Annadoble''' Looks good, yes pls RT @DataMinerUK: @openspending an
idea of a news web app using government spend #data
http://wp.me/pYcqV-cn

'''KCorrick''': Yay! @wdmmg (Where Does My Money Go) gets a mention by
Rohan Silva on stage at #pdf11 together with other UK data set driven
services.

Recent Press Coverage:

VisionOntv reports about OpenSpending from Open Tech:
http://blog.okfn.org/2011/06/07/interview-with-okf-co-founder-rufus-pollock-on-open-spending/

--
Lucy Chambers
Community Coordinator