[wdmmg-discuss] COFOG alternative

Ben Teeuwen ben at hetnieuwestemmen.nl
Thu May 12 13:48:28 UTC 2011

Hi everyone,

I've read the explanation on how the uk budget gets visualised on http://wdmmg.okfnpad.org/meeting-2011-05-05, thanks for that.
The COFOG classifiers are not suited for the faculty budget I'm trying to visualize; they're too abstract (as they should be for when describing national government accounts). Now, can I just make up different labels? I've assumed I can, this is what I did:

First, mindmap the categories. Its maximum depth is 4 layers: http://db.tt/7FMKWCf

Then, I've worked out the first branch like this:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Apmcqgw3fOPidDNZMEpfT0x0RkFYMklaWFFGaG5EdkE&hl=nl&authkey=CPXRmo0M
Q1: Is this the correct method? Hope so, then I'll fix the other branches as well.

Then I've put a google speadsheet into the CKAN group openspending. It shows under http://data.wheredoesmymoneygo.org/sources (economics faculty).
Q2: How do I get it into the famous wdmmg bubble visualisation? Clicking on its name takes me to ckan, clicking on validate gives me an 'access denied' page.

Thanks,

Ben