[OpenSpending] [okfn-br] OpenSpending in Brazil (also the HackerBus)

Everton Zanella Alvarenga everton.alvarenga at okfn.org
Thu Apr 5 15:01:50 UTC 2012

Pedro,

use the hackebus to scrap this data is an awesome idea and I think it
fits together with an idea I've discussed with Lucy [1] about writing
a manual on open spending in Brazil taking into account its
particularities of each city all over the country.

http://wdmmg.okfnpad.org/manual

For the Brazilian incubating chapter, I've been focusing in São Paulo
and there appeared volunteers willing to track the money in the city
of Mossoró (Mateus, you here?), a quit different situation of São
Paulo and its biggest budget of the country.

Today I am also to meet professor Gisele, from University of São
Paulo, who has a lot of nice ideas on how to improve open spending in
Brazil and we want to set a roadmap with a collaboration between
GPOPAI USP <http://www.gpopai.usp.br> and OKFn Brasil.

So if we could go all over Brazil as begin to *report* the situation
of cities visited, this could be a great step for the manual we are
planning to do.

Lucy told me she is coming to São Paulo on 20 April (Lucy, any change
of coming on 19th in the day of the event with Rufus and Helen?), so
we could make a general meet up only about open spening (ccing Thiago
Rondon, who have done a great job for the federal and state of São
Paulo budget with data available!).

Tom

[1] http://wiki.okfn.org/Chapter/Brazil/encontros/os-br-20120228

--