[OpenSpending] coins dataset part 2

Peter Jungen el-nebuloso at gmx.de
Tue Apr 24 17:24:53 UTC 2012

Hi all,

after some poking round, I come to the conclusion that indeed there is
no semantic relationship between departments and department group on DSD
level to be found.

One use case for me is to be able to aggregate Information about certain
bodies, for example the Department Of Transportation, know by name, not
by depCode, and drill down from there.

Looking here[1] I can find out that dep004 must be the Department Of
Transportation, but I am looking for information available as LOD. Today
I stumbled over this API[2], which I hope might be able to deliver me
the further information Im looking for.

regards Peter

[1]
http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/+/http://www.cabinetoffice.gov.uk/ministerial_responsibilities/departments/dft.aspx#executive4