[OpenSpending] Fwd: [Scoda-dev] Network analysis of landgrabbing data

Keserű Júlia keseru.julia at k-monitor.hu
Wed Dec 5 19:03:50 UTC 2012

Hi Tom,

There's a very well-structured
book<http://www.amazon.com/Social-Network-Analysis-Applications-Structural/dp/0521387078>on
social network analysis (by Wasserman and Faust) which clarifies all
the
important methods and definitions in SNA. It may seem frightening (some 800
pages) but it's highly recommended for beginners as well. (I'm not a
network expert myself but learned a lot from this book when K-Monitor
started to play with different datasets to map the network of Hungarian
politicians and businesspeople.)

Besides gephi, you may also want to try cytoscape<http://www.cytoscape.org/>or
thejit <http://philogb.github.com/jit/>.

Best,
Julia Keserű

2012/12/5 Tobias Eigen <tobias at saidia.org>

> Hi Tom,
>
> iScale has experience with network mapping - you can contact them.
> http://scalingimpact.net/innovations/strategy-planning-scaled-impact
>
> Cheers,
>
> Tobias
>
> //\//\//\//\//\//\//\//\//\//\//\//\//\//\//\//\//\//\
>
> Tobias Eigen
> 9670 Olympus Beach Rd NE
> Bainbridge Island, WA 98110
> landline: +1-206-842-1467
> mobile: +1-206-375-7984
> skype: tobiaseigen
>
> Appointments <http://meetme.so/tobiaseigen>
>
> Kabissa <http://kabissa.org/user/4313> Blog <http://saidia.org/> LinkedIn<http://www.linkedin.com/in/tobiaseigen>
>  Facebook <http://facebook.com/tobiaseigen> Twitter<http://twitter.com/tobiaseigen>
>  Google+ <http://profiles.google.com/tobiaseigen>

> On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 7:01 AM, Lucy Chambers <lucy.chambers at okfn.org>wrote:
>
>> Might anyone here be able to help with this? It's about Network
>> Analysis - which I know is used regularly by people tracking
>> companies, media neutrality etc.

Keserű Júlia
K-Monitor
+36-1-789-5005, +36-20-457-2346