[OpenSpending] Extracting data from PDFs

Peter Krantz peter at peterkrantz.se
Thu Dec 20 11:59:18 UTC 2012

The national library of sweden is in the process of digitizing
government documents that are part of the legislative process "SOU
documents". Raw output in PDF is here:

http://regina.kb.se/sou/

I believe they are OCR:ed but without structure. It would be of value
for a lot of people (both open data and from an accessibility
perspective) if these documents could be enhanced with metadata and
structure (what is the title? metadata? what are the headings in the
doc?).

Regards,

Peter