[OpenSpending] Extracting data from PDFs

Lucia Mazzoni lucia at spippola.it
Thu Dec 20 14:07:06 UTC 2012

On 20 December 2012 12:17, Lucy Chambers <lucy.chambers at okfn.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I figured you might be able to help. My colleague, Michael, is writing
> a course on Optical Character Recognition for the School of Data
> project.
>
> He's done the easy, nicely formatted PDFs. Now he's looking for some
> real-life, nasty examples of PDFs that people have to deal with.
> Probably scanned / photographed PDFs, or just really tricky PDFs so
> that we get a good difficulty scale across the course.
>
> Any pointers - very helpful, it's really nice to base these courses on
> real data that people have actually been grappling with!

Hi,
these are just two very little example.

In Italy our public institutions usually  publish results of tenders like
in this way:
http://www.ponrec.it/media/137519/585-ric_28set12_graduatoria-smart-cities.pdf
(the
worst one)
or this way
http://www.ponrec.it/media/91323/elenco_idee_progettuali_approvate__d.d.84_ric._del_2marzo2012.pdf
(the
better one)

both terrific if I need to manage the data.
Hope this helps
Lucia