[OpenSpending-discuss] API Open Source Exchange Rates - Deflator

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Wed Feb 1 10:36:08 UTC 2012

On 31 January 2012 11:18, Christian Kreutz <christian.kreutz at okfn.org> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Just want to link to this great resource: An API for Open Source Exchange Rates, which might be of interest for some spending projects.
> http://josscrowcroft.github.com/open-exchange-rates/

Yes, had it on the DataHub for a while :-)

<http://thedatahub.org/dataset/open-exchange-rates>

See also: http://thedatahub.org/dataset?q=exchange+rates

The main exchange rates dataset I've been working on is:

<http://thedatahub.org/dataset/exchanges-rates>

Help welcome!

> The second point is a question, whether somebody works on deflators? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GDP_deflator) There is already some stuff being done: http://wiki.openspending.org/Financial_Transformations_Toolkit , but I wonder if others have the same problem, that they have financial data for some years and need to calculate the value change (e.g. inflation rate).

I've worked on this quite a bit before for what a HowMuchToday style
service and have been working recently on this so would love to
discuss :-)

Rufus

> Best regards,
>
> Christian
>
> Open Knowledge Foundation Deutschland e.V.
> Erich-Weinert-Str. 17
> 10439 Berlin
> Deutschland
> Vereinsregister Nr: VR 30468 B