[OpenSpending] Spending forecasts vs. spending realities

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Tue Feb 14 18:45:06 UTC 2012

On 14 February 2012 13:56, Lucy Chambers <lucy.chambers at okfn.org> wrote:
> Amazing piece of work from the Sunlight Foundation on Spending forecasts vs. spending realities alongside the political evens which may have sparked the changes.
>
> http://reporting.sunlightfoundation.com/budgets/

Really nice. It reminds me of the Budgetizer Tim (Hubbard) put
together back in 2010 and which he updated on the latest Economics
hackday:

<http://okfnlabs.org/openspendingjs/app/budgetizer/>

The aim of this was to show deficit as predicted and as they actually happened.

Tip: switch to deficit (default is inflation) and set to whole period
to see the extraordinary mis-estimation of the impact of the financial
crisis.

Rufus