[OpenSpending] [ANN] Where Does My Money Go Assembly Kit

Friedrich Lindenberg friedrich.lindenberg at okfn.org
Thu Feb 16 13:50:20 UTC 2012

Hi all,

as many of you know, we're trying to make it ever easier for people
who upload their data to OpenSpending to create their own
visualization sites. So today we've finished a new version of Where
Does My Money Go? [1] that is based on the Assembly Kit. The Kit is a
simple repository of templates that you can use to create your own,
customized version of the Where Does My Money Go? frontend for your
own dataset with just a few edits. If you're interested in giving this
a try, check out the blog post [2] and the code repository [3].

I'm really looking forward to hearing from you about whether this is
useful and what ideas you have to improve or simplify it!

Cheers,

 - Friedrich

[1] http://wheredoesmymoneygo.org/
[2] http://blog.openspending.org/2012/02/16/thekit/