[OpenSpending] spendingdata.org: Developing a standard for transaction-level spending data

Friedrich Lindenberg friedrich.lindenberg at okfn.org
Tue Jul 10 10:45:05 UTC 2012

Hi Ole,

as for obligations between countries, I don't know of anyone outside
the big players who does data-driven tracking of that, but I really
liked the visualization the NYT did a while back:

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2011/10/23/sunday-review/an-overview-of-the-euro-crisis.html

As for financial transfers, I think IATI is by far the most
interesting data you can find, even though it only covers development
as a mechanism. We wrote up a note about it's use in OpenSpending
here: http://openspending.org/resources/iati/index.html and I'd also
recommend you have a look at AidInfo Labs: http://www.aidinfolabs.org/

Cheers,

 - Friedrich