[OpenSpending] Country Obligations (was: Re: spendingdata.org: Developing a standard for transaction-level spending data)

Friedrich Lindenberg friedrich.lindenberg at okfn.org
Tue Jul 10 10:57:02 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 12:52 PM,
<Ole.Wintermann at bertelsmann-stiftung.de> wrote:
> Yes, the NYT example is the one we want to further improve in that way that the user can configurate the data on his own. So that he could choose the countries he wants to analyze. We also want to implement other indicators (migrants, FDI). I just want to be sure that there is no such a model that already exists.

That's interesting. What would be the core of the application:
sovereign debt, import/export, bank debt, ... ? I suppose it would be
tremendously hard to make an application that just contains bulk
economic data and can still generate story-telling visualizations like
the one by the NY Times.

Cheers,

 - Friedrich