[OpenSpending] Update - Athens to Berlin "Our Money" from the Budapest Institute

Lucy Chambers lucy.chambers at okfn.org
Mon Jul 30 16:51:06 UTC 2012

Hi All,

More notes from my travels on the route from Athens to Berlin. In this
update, I visit the Budapest Institute to talk about their project "Our
Money": http://amipenzunk.hu/#/~/koltsegvetesi-kiadasok

This is an interesting project which is aimed at promoting fact-based
dialogue around public spending in Hungary. Features include the 'dream
budget' visualisations which contrast the budgeting priorities of different
governments side by side to see which country corresponds closest in
spending priorities to yours, as well as quizzes, posters (putting numbers
into context, e.g. showing how much the Hungarian State spends in
comparison to William and Kate's wedding or the salary of highly paid
footballers) and educational materials.

A brief profile of the project can be found here:
http://openspending.org/blog/2012/07/27/budapest-institute.html

Happy reading, until next time! We'll be back with more from Romania,
Hungary and Slovakia.

Lucy

--
Lucy Chambers