[OpenSpending] Try it yourself: Screencasts for loading data into OpenSpending

Lucy Chambers lucy.chambers at okfn.org
Tue Jun 12 10:31:39 UTC 2012

Hi All,

Recently, the OpenSpending team have been working on a project to
visualise financial data in Cameroon. One of the aims of the project
is to create a platform which is sustainable for years to come and
that means that it needs to be really easy to load datasets into
OpenSpending.org.

So... we've created some screencasts about how to load data into
OpenSpending and put up a blog post here:
http://openspending.org/blog/2012/06/11/upload-videos.html

We're often contacted by people looking to try and get either their
local council or national budget or spending information into
OpenSpending so that they can visualise and explore it - so if this
sounds like something you'd be interested in doing, please come and
try it out! Here's how:

1) Get your data into the OpenSpending data format:
http://openspending.org/help/data-cleansing.html
2) Watch the videos and follow the instructions to load it:
http://openspending.org/blog/2012/06/11/upload-videos.html
3) Let us know what you load - would love to explore your new data and
spread the word about it!
4) Feedback - anything that could be made clearer?

Very happy to help with any questions or queries people have with loading!

I'll be producing some more screencasts in the coming days with info
on how to produce an embeddable visualisation - watch this space...

All the best,

Lucy

--
Lucy Chambers