[OpenSpending] Open Economics Monthly Meeting: OpenEconomics & OpenSpending Streams at the OKFestival in Helsinki, Finland, 17-22 September 2012

Velichka Dimitrova velichka.dimitrova at okfn.org
Thu May 10 16:21:08 UTC 2012

Dear all,

I would like to invite you to the Open Economics Monthly Meeting, taking
place next week:
*
*
*When*: Wednesday, 16th May 2012 - 5pm BST (London) / 6pm CEST (Berlin) /
12pm EDT

*Where*: Virtual on IRC and skype, IRC: http://webchat.freenode.net/ -
*How*:  Sign up on the EtherPad: http://econ.okfnpad.org/WGmeeting, join
#okfnecon channel

*Topic*: OpenEconomics & OpenSpending Streams at the OKFestival in
Helsinki, Finland, 17-22 September 2012
http://okfestival.org/call-for-proposals/

We would like to use the opportunity to gather ideas about a proposal to
submit to the the *1st June *deadline for proposals.

Possible topics:

- Open Econometrics: Towards a Standard in Reporting Results of Economic
Research -
- Data Visualisation and Data Analysis with an Economic Context
- Standards in Fiscal Transparency: How Should Governments Publish their
Fiscal Data?
- The Economics of Cities - How do we understand and provide better
services for local communities and the urban economy?

If you are interested in one of the above mentioned topics or you would
like to suggest one yourself, please join us for the meeting. We would
discuss what format our contribution would have, what partners we need,
potential speakers, etc. If you have any ideas and are unable to attend,
please e-mail comments and suggestions.

If some of the topics are similar to ideas of other OKFestival
contributors, we would aim to integrate with them as well.
More information on the OKFestival would follow on Monday (May 14th).

--
Velichka Dimitrova
Project Coordinator