[OpenSpending] Follow-up to transaction standard call

Andrew Stott andrew.stott at dirdigeng.com
Sat Oct 20 10:47:17 UTC 2012

I think that Unit 4 - whose Aggresso ERP package is used in the UK local
authority and education sectors - have already done some interesting work on
enabling the upstream payment system to generate transparency data (and in
linked data form to boot).

Besides detailed drill down on who authorised it, what specific goods was it
for (not just category), and which supplier was it, other requests I have
heard from time to time are about location of the work and location that
benefited, link to the contract documentation, date of supply (to track for
instance speed of paying bills, a big problem for SMEs dealing with many
public agencies).  In some circumstances it would also be good to know the
source of funding (eg is this general discretionary spending of the agency
concerned, or is it a pass-through payment on behalf of another).

Regards

Andrew