[OpenSpending] Representing things in terms of other things?

Diego de la Mora diego at fundar.org.mx
Thu Apr 18 05:13:18 UTC 2013

During the last presidential debate, the guys from "Arena Electoral" made
this great infographic (http://www.arenaelectoral.com//opinion/detail/445)
showing the electoral budget for different parties related to Tsurus
(Andrés Manuel López Obrador, left wing candidate, was always very proud of
driving his white Nissan Tsuru).

They also compared the political parties electoral budget with the "Estela
de luz", the polemic monument built for the 200 anniversary of the Mexican
Independence and 100 anniversary of the Revolution.

At Fundar, we compare between budget allocations all the time: we search
for programs or government products (schools, medications) that are in the
line of advancing human rights and compare them to absurde or irrational
spendings: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hTpMgYoMWk (sorry for the music,
we had to change it at the last minute for copyright reasons...).

So we mainly try to show irrational vs. human rights oriented budget and
also been exploring funny polemic comparisons.

Cheers,

Diego de la Mora Maurer
Área de Presupuestos y Políticas Públicas
Fundar, Centro de Análisis e Investigación
www.fundar.org.mx
Tel. + 52 (55) 55543001 x 119
Cel. 04455 3223 2797
@diegodelam