[OpenSpending] Help with the OS site move sprint

Neil Ashton neil.ashton at okfn.org
Wed Aug 21 18:11:46 UTC 2013

Hey everyone,

In case you didn't see it on the blog, I want to let you know about the forthcoming OpenSpending site move sprint.

We want to make it easier for the community to create and manage OpenSpending's web content. That's why we've created a new WordPress site at blog.openspending.org, which will soon be renamed community.openspending.org.

Most of openspending.org—everything but the OpenSpending system itself, basically—is going to move over to the new site and become the property of the community.

We need your help with the move! We're holding a site move sprint during the week of August 26 - 31. Here's the plan and how you can get involved:

* Check out the site content audit spreadsheet, which explains what pages exist on the old site (Title, Current URL), what we think should be done with them (Action), where they should go on the new site (Dest URL), and whether anyone has dealt with them yet (Status).
* Jump in on the sheet, mark some items you want to deal with (in the Owner column), and go to it.
* Add yourself to the move sprint card on the OpenSpending Trello to let us know you're participating.
* If you need access to the WordPress site, please contact me and I will hook you up.

Thanks in advance for your help!

--
Neil Ashton

Technical Writer and Analyst  | skype: nmashton  | @nmashton