[OpenSpending] Community Call Wednesday, January 30th 1900 CEST / 1300 EST

Anders Pedersen anders.pedersen at okfn.org
Wed Jan 23 08:27:18 UTC 2013

Hi all,

Thanks to everyone who joined last Wednesday's community call. We had some
great discussion on initiatives and developments in Israel [1], Morocco and
the US [2].

We've recently been approached by the International Budget Partnership
(IBP), because of our shared interest in budgetary reporting standards of
governments. IBP conducts surveys on budget transparency and just today
released the Open Budget Survey 2012, presented both as report and data
explorer [3]. At IBP they are currently discussing if their survey
definitions are sufficient or to what extent changes should be considered,
in order to adequately reflect the recent developments of online posting,
archiving and publishing of machine-readable fiscal data. To get a variety
of ideas with regards to how spending and fiscal data can be included as
indicators in future budgetary surveys, IBP has asked if we would like
discuss this at our next community call.

The Community Call will take place on Wednesday, January 30th 1900 CEST /
1300 EST [4 - check other timezones]

Topic: What questions to ask when assessing fiscal transparency standards
of governments?

To Join: Please add your name, SkypeID and agenda items to this pad:
http://wdmmg.okfnpad.org/16
On the day of the call: We'll add you before the call and pull you in

We will follow up with another call on Wednesday February 13th, so let us
know if you have ideas for topics to discuss.

Hope to talk to many of you on Wednesday!

All the best,
Anders

[1] http://www.hasadna.org.il/
[2] http://www.publicsectorcredit.org/pscf.html