[OpenSpending] AfricanSpending - Knight News Challenge!

Anders Pedersen anders.pedersen at okfn.org
Mon Mar 18 14:52:48 UTC 2013

Hi all,

We're thrilled to share with you the proposal we submitted today with
the the African Media Initiative and the Open Institute for the Knight
News Challenge:
https://www.newschallenge.org/open/open-government/submission/africanspending-monitoring-the-money-enabling-journalists-csos-to-track-government-finances/

The project will build a community-driven platform with data resources
(leveraging OpenSpending) for journalists and civil society to track
public money and mineral wealth, plus related contracts and services,
across Africa to combat cronyism and corruption.

We'd love to hear your reactions (and applauds!) on the site!

All the best,
Anders

--
Anders Pedersen