[OpenSpending] italian data on Regional Public Accounts

Tryggvi Björgvinsson tryggvi.bjorgvinsson at okfn.org
Thu May 2 15:40:04 UTC 2013

On fim 2.maí 2013 12:34, Rufus Pollock wrote:
> The best way here is real-time chat. Can you get on IRC? It's
> #openspending on Freenode:
>
> http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=openspending

Yes. I agree with Rufus. Join the real time chat. I'm usually there and
I can probably help you out.

In case I'm not around, here are some pointers if you want to try and
figure out what's wrong (you probably know this but better safe than sorry):

* When you've uploaded the data to the data hub (assuming you mean
datahub.io) you need to add it as a source on openspending.org (and the
source needs to be the csv file on the data hub)
* When you've added the source you need to create a model. The
traditional model uses two dimensions 'from' and 'to' that represent
who's paying and to whom (they're not necessary, but this is usually the
information of interest in the visualisations), one measure 'amount'
that represents how much is being spent and a date 'time' that describes
when it was spent. Both 'time' and 'amount' are necessary. If you don't
have time in your data you'll have to add it.
* When creating the model you will need to have some sort of a unique
key (it can be a combination of fields or a specific field). This
depends a little on your data but if you have some problems you can just
create a unique field in your data.
* After creating the model you can try it out on a sample data before
it worked but when I tried to load everything it failed. When I tried
again later in the day it suddenly worked. I haven't figured out what
happened there but if you run into that problem it would be great to
hear about it.
* After loading the data you can create your visualisations via our user
interface. If you have problems here you can send the url to your
dataset and we can help you out (this is because it depends on your data).

Hope this helps. You can find me on the real time chat if there is anything.

/Tryggvi