[OpenSpending] Openspending portal in Austria

Krabina Bernhard krabina at kdz.or.at
Tue Nov 26 16:29:45 UTC 2013

Dear all,

I have disussed with you earlier this year our aim to improve the openspending software to fit the needs of our situation in Austria. As it turned out, we hat to take a different direction. The recently relaunched Austrian openspending portal http://www.offenerhaushalt.at does not hold an Austrian installation of OpenSpending, but a newly developed portal using Drupal and d3.js (Our old openspending installation can still be found at http://openspending.offenerhaushalt.at - but it will no longer be maintained)

You can find details in our first English language blog post at http://internationalbudget.org/blog/2013/11/25/austria-launches-budget-transparency-portal/

What might be interesting for the openspending community is that every municipality that decides to disclose their data and visualzations also releases an standardised dataset in CSV format.

E. g. for the city of Salzburg:
The page with visualizations and the data: http://www.offenerhaushalt.at/gemeinde/salzburg
CSV with spending data of Salzburg for 2012: http://www.offenerhaushalt.at/download/finanzdaten/top/salzburg/2012

In case you are interested in importing this data in www.openspending.org you can do so, as it is released in a CC By license.

I'd like to thank you for your support up to know, say sorry that our initial plan of adding features to openspending didn't work out and hope that you'll nevertheless find our openspending portal interesting!

If you think there is a demand for a blog post about our portal on the openspending blog, please let me know. I'll be happy to contribute...

Best regards,
Bernhard

--
Mag. Bernhard Krabina
KDZ - Zentrum für Verwaltungsforschung

- Offener Haushalt - Transparente Gemeindefinanzen:
  http://www.offenerhaushalt.at

- Plattform Verwaltungskooperation:
  http://www.verwaltungskooperation.at

- Open Government Vorgehensmodell