[OpenSpending] Exemplary budgets?

Tryggvi Björgvinsson tryggvi.bjorgvinsson at okfn.org
Wed Nov 27 22:35:29 UTC 2013

On mið 27.nóv 2013 21:59, Neil Ashton wrote:
> I'd also be interested in examples of *unusually bad* budget data. Do any
> of you have a grudge against some budget dataset that you'd be willing to
> share?

I don't have a concrete example but I do not like large datasets
(putting too many rows into one file). I like to keep them separated.
For me it's easier to manage multiple files with names that indicate
which one I'm interested in than one big CSV file of 50 MBs or more
(usually it's enough to break the files down by years).

This also makes updates easier because you can just release and people
work with a new file instead of adding to an existing file and having
people remove a couple of hundred thousand lines because they've already
got them.

But it's easier to share one link instead of many so I understand that I
mostly see one big file instead of many smaller ones.

--

Tryggvi Björgvinsson

Technical Lead, OpenSpending

The Open Knowledge Foundation <http://okfn.org>