[OpenSpending] EU Farm Subsidy data 2014

Stefan Wehrmeyer stefan.wehrmeyer at okfn.org
Thu Feb 6 11:33:19 UTC 2014

Dear OpenSpending lists,

since last year FarmSubsidy.org is part of the OpenSpending family. This year the task has fallen to us to gather data about farm subsidy recipients from the 28 EU member states.
In most member states the data will have to be scraped from websites. To coordinate this effort I set up a GitHub repository with an issue for each member state:

https://github.com/openspending/farmsubsidy-scrapers/issues?labels=memberstate&state=open

If you can contribute a scraper for your country (or any other), that would be most helpful. Documentation on the output format and ways of integration are still forthcoming, but if you are interested, post a comment on the issue or to the openspending-dev list. The upcoming Open Data Day (22nd of February, http://opendataday.org/ ) might be a good opportunity to tackle this in your country!

About a third of the EU budget goes into the Common Agricultural Policy commonly known as farm subsidies and http://farmsubsidy.openspending.org/ is the only public database about who gets the money.

The Farm Subsidy project is kindly hosted by the Open Knowledge Foundation, but currently has NO funding for further development and relies entirely on volunteer work. If you can find funding to make the spending of more than 40 billion Euros more transparent, please contact me.

Regards
Stefan Wehrmeyer

--
Stefan Wehrmeyer
Projektleiter FragDenStaat.de
stefan.wehrmeyer at okfn.org
+49 30 57703666 2
+49 151 15550559
Open Knowledge Foundation Deutschland e.V.
Gneisenaustr. 52
10961 Berlin
http://www.okfn.de

Spenden Sie für FragDenStaat.de: