[OpenSpending] Advice needed: how much to pay a programmer?

Alex Peek alexpeek1 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 22:05:11 UTC 2014

Hello OpenSpending community,

I am planning to hire a programmer to build an economics website. The
programmer will be using Python Programming Language to retrieve economic
data from various online databases and upload the data into the website.
The goal of the website is to replicate this article
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Economic_Data_Sets> for every country.

I have not hired a programmer yet and I am unsure how much to offer them.
Does anybody have advice on how much I should pay to have a good programmer?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!

-Alex