[OpenSpending] Data Wranglers Community Reboot Discussion

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Sat May 2 13:03:49 UTC 2015

Hi All,

I wanted to flag this new topic in the forum:

https://discuss.okfn.org/t/openspending-data-wranglers-community-reboot/269

<quote>
Situation: data gets loaded into OpenSpending by people, by "data
wranglers".

Complication: there is currently no (community) structure for those data
wranglers - people wanting loading data into OpenSpending: no obvious place
to find others, to ask questions or get help, or to know what datasets are
being worked on or need someone to work on.

Question: what can we put community processes can we put in place to
support OpenSpending data wranglers?
</quote>

Thoughts and suggestions on this either here or in the forum are welcome!

For my part, an initial idea would be:

- A dedicated section on the forum for people to ask questions and get help
- Creating a place to track datasets people are working on - we do already
have https://github.com/openspending/datatoload

Regards,

Rufus