[Os-datawrangling] Data Wrangling team mailing list :)

Anders Pedersen anders.pedersen at okfn.org
Thu Jul 25 10:44:59 UTC 2013

All,

Thanks a lot to those of you who joined the Hangout yesterday. And thanks
Concha for pointing to the Datawrangling mailing list.

I wanted to mention that we have a really interesting project to open up
procurement data in Nigeria. The data is currently captured in a 70-page
PDF document. I am copying to this email Mariam and Tosin from BudgIT,
Nigeria, who are working on the project.

You can find the issue created for the Nigerian procurement data on
Datatoload here:
https://github.com/openspending/datatoload/issues/10

Tasks include:

   - convert PDF to CSV
   - clean up the CSV file, format the data and add it to OpenSpending

It would be great to hear if this project would interest any of you?

Best,
Anders

--
*