[Os-datawrangling] Help us to improve the OpenSpending community site?

Anders Pedersen anders.pedersen at okfn.org
Fri Oct 4 11:59:53 UTC 2013

Hi all,

A quick weekend update.

Pad on the back to those of you who joined our bi-weekly hangout this
Wednesday. A big thanks to Teo for running the call and the live-blog:
http://community.openspending.org/2013/10/news-editors-and-data-wranglers-hangout-live/

Steve has agreed to organise the next hangout in two weeks time on
Wednesday October 16th at 19 CET / 13 EDT. Thanks!

In other news, the News Editor and Data Wrangler announcement went out this
week:
http://community.openspending.org/2013/10/announcing-the-news-editors-and-data-wranglers-teams/

If you're not on the list and you should be, get in touch!

How you can help!
We are looking for a few simple improvements to the OpenSpending Community
site. See Trello
board<https://trello.com/b/7E5enK5J/openspending-news-and-website-team>
for
all tasks.
- For example we have an easy and quick task to: Add Twitter side bar to
our WP site<https://trello.com/c/rlyHdUAW/34-10m-add-twitter-feed-from-openspending-to-sidebar-of-blog-near-the-top-v-easy>
.
- For an upcoming training with the spending community in Uruguay next
week, we are looking to bring the Spanish OpenSpending guide from Google
Doc and properly onto the community Wordpress site. See the Trello ticket
for more guidance<https://trello.com/c/hvRoFllI/49-create-markdown-version-of-translated-versions-of-the-openspending-guide>
.

If you can help let us know here or over in the Trello
board<https://trello.com/b/7E5enK5J/openspending-news-and-website-team>
.

Best,
Anders