[openspending-data] Unexplainable Postgres foreign key errors

Arne Ludwig arne.ludwig at piraten-nds.de
Mon Oct 20 19:00:47 UTC 2014

Hi there,

earlier this month I had created a new dataset, added the mandatory
dimensions, and imported the data several times. Today I added some
visualizations, when I noticed some very small inaccuracies in the
source data. So, without deleting the visualizations, I modified the
source CSV, deleted the data and tried to reload it. Now suddenly every
line has an IntegrityError "insert or update on table hh2015__entry
violates foreign key constraint" (hh2015 being the dataset name).
Also I noticed that my "time" dimension is always given as 1 in the
error message even though the CSV has 2015 and not 1.

I noticed that even after deleting the data, the visualization still
showed the original data. So I thought, maybe some tables didn't get
cleaned out properly and I deleted the visualizations. Still no luck.

I changed the unique key, saved it, changed it back, saved it again,
saved the dimensions again. No luck.

Do I have to delete and resetup the whole dataset?

Thanks for any help,

Arne